After nap today, the girls played SO nicely together while I cooked dinner. When I asked Addie what they were playing, she told me that she had a "toy store" and Carlie was shopping there. Yes, there were toys EVERYWHERE and yes, I was tempted to start cleaning up quietly behind her when she wasn't looking, but then I remembered the joy in pretending. I thought about how fleeting these days of imaginative play really are, and I soaked up the mess happily and let them play until their hearts were content! And....what about Gabe? He's perfectly wonderful!
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Toy Store
After nap today, the girls played SO nicely together while I cooked dinner. When I asked Addie what they were playing, she told me that she had a "toy store" and Carlie was shopping there. Yes, there were toys EVERYWHERE and yes, I was tempted to start cleaning up quietly behind her when she wasn't looking, but then I remembered the joy in pretending. I thought about how fleeting these days of imaginative play really are, and I soaked up the mess happily and let them play until their hearts were content! And....what about Gabe? He's perfectly wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment