CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

"I am a child of God"



Our sweet Addie said her VERY FIRST blessing tonight, start to finish BY HERSELF! As usual, I said, "ok, let's fold our hands and close our eyes for our blessing", and she did- she does that before every meal. Brad took a breath to begin the prayer and all of the sudden, Addie begins saying (with her hands folded and her eyes closed), "Thank you.....thank you....thank you....amen". We couldn't understand what came after the "thank you's", but I know one thing, our sweet Addie is simply amazing. Her heart is so big and I am humbled at her 2 year old understanding of our blessings. We talk about it, we talk about Jesus, we go to church, we listen to praise music, and I pray that she will develop a love for the Lord, but when she took it upon herself tonight to close those sweet little eyes and fold her tiny hands and pray to the Creator of all good things, I just melted. Addie's spirit is so beautiful. Indeed, "Every good and perfect gift is from above" (James 1:17), and Addie Grace Perkins is nothing short of a perfect gift, in our eyes!


0 comments: