CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 23, 2011

13 Weeks

Today, I went in for my 12 week appointment (I'm 13 weeks tommorrow) and this is who we saw:


At only 3 inches long, our baby is fully formed.
He/She is even waving at us!


It's hard to imagine that so much "life" has formed since March, when we first met:


Yes, we are on our way to having three babies in just over three years. Some A lot of people think we are absolutely out of our minds. We are met with more opinions than I care to admit, from people who we know and people we don't.

Comments such as these:

"Wow...you're going to be busy!"
"You've got your hands full!"
"You are brave!"
"More power to ya!"
"Are you serious?"

How do I respond? Usually, the way I responded when my doctor and I discussed this same topic this morning. She may be one of those people who think we are crazy! I said, "Yes, but children are a blessing". I pretty much leave it at that. I could go on for days about what Jesus says about children in the bible. I could ramble on and on about the miracle of life and how becoming a mother (in my opinion) is a "calling" from the Lord. I could sing from the tops of mountains about how these younger, more difficult years will be over in the blink of an eye and about the fruit we will bear at the end of this road. I could write a book about obeying the Lord....that when He calls us to something that may be uncomfortable, inconvienent in our eyes, and overwhelming in our hearts, we are to say "YES" and know that He will provide. I could scream from the hilltops about my desire to homeschool, sew, and bring back the old, conservative, Christian "ways" of the home, including bigger families. But, I know that I would only get weird looks, more comments, and blank stares. So, I simply say, "Yes, but children are a blessing", and move on!

Thank you Lord, for the gift of this precious child. We loudly say, YES to You!




2 comments:

Anonymous

All aboard the crazy train!! woo woo! It's a great ride, and one that is immeasurably blessed indeed!

reddchurch

my favorite one is "you are brave" hear that all the time-- ha!