CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 3, 2012

Lately...


Lately, Gabe has been smiling at us. Ummmm, were you aware of how much I completely LOVE newborns? The innocence and the love that comes from these tiny, little, miracles are enough to make me melt. Guess you already knew that, since I keep having them....


Incredible weather this week ~ the girls have had a blast outside riding bikes and scooters! I know, I know...Carlie doesn't really have the "I'm having a blast" smile in this pic, but she really was having fun! 


I have been very careful to keep Gabe away from all of the lovely, winter germs floating around, but we have had a few friends over to play here and there. Our friends have been amazing over the past five weeks. Just this week, we had dinner delivered, a gift, and a cake and cookie bars from three different people! 

Yes, our house is a mess. Yes, Addie is wearing a snow hat in 75 degree weather. Yes, Carlie and Addie are "dressed up" in a nightgown over her clothes. This is our "normal", thank you very much. 


Even though we have been spoiled rotten with food from friends, I have been hanging out in the kitchen a little myself! Wednesday night, we enjoyed a homemade chicken-bacon ranch pizza! Fabulous way to get those extra mommy pounds off....ahem.....


Gabriel turned 5 weeks old this week. I repeat, Gabe turned FIVE WEEKS OLD THIS WEEK! Wow.



Addie painted a picture of our family ~ I was pretty impressed! 


How many blog posts have I composed about Addie and Carlie dressing up? It doesn't matter what size, season, color, or style. If it's something new, they WILL have it on, in a flat two minutes. Today, I was sorting through their closets and storage bins, and it turned into a fashion show. Want to see? Well, you have to read the rest of the post before you get to the picture! Here we go:

Ahhhh, life:  Hectic, challenging. We are in the very eye of the  newborn/toddler tornado. We're tired and some days, just staying afloat. I mean, really....let's call it what it is and it's not always sweet and easy.  The house is not always clean, my hair is in a ponytail, and I feel extra sassy if I have on mascara. There are days when I don't feel equipped to do the task at hand. The whole, "Lord, are you sure I can handle three children, ages three and under? Me? Must be another Shelly and Brad, right?" starts up! 

BUT, quickly, I am reminded that our amazingly perfect Lord, equips us for every job He calls us to do. I go to Him 10, 20, 100 times a day. His grace overwhelms me. I see His grace in the sweetness and innocence of our children. I see it when that next dinner shows up at our door. I see it when my husband so willingly gets up with me to nurse the baby in the wee hours of the morning. I see it when Addie and Carlie choose to read a devotion before naptime out of their bible, that speaks directly to me. He is with us at every moment of the day and His grace is constant. He quiets my mind and heart, reminding me that He has me, right where He wants me. Even in what seems like small tasks (i.e. changing diapers, picking up toys, cleaning dishes..etc), I can do and should do everything to His glory. Changing that tenth diaper of the morning, is exactly what I should be doing! He is with me in everything I do. 

So, when I hear: 
"You've got your hands full" (I hear it all the time)..... I think to myself: "My heart and the love in our home are more full."

"Now that you have your boy, you're done, right?"...I think to myself, "I will obey whatever calling the Lord has in store for me. We will wait and see what His plans are for our future."

"Don't you need some 'ME time'?"....I think to myself, "This is a season and those days will come. For now, there is nowhere else I would rather be, than doing what I am doing, because I AM equipped by Him to do it."

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the clouds." 
(Psalm 36:5)

And, one of my personal favorites (I think about this one every time I play with Gabes precious little hairs on his head! "Why, even the hairs on your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows." (Luke 12:7)

So, back to that cute pic of the girls. Here ya go! Our house is hectic, but it is also wonderfully fabulous! It's joyful, fun, exciting, and full! Indeed, I am exactly where I am supposed to be and I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything...just look past my ponytail and stretch pants!

3 comments:

Anonymous

Gabe looks so much like Brad with that big smile. What a cutie. Your words are so true, and so encouraging. When my three babies were three and under it was really overwhelming and chaotic but blissfully sweet at the same time. I wouldn't have traded it for anything, because it brought me to my knees and closer to the Lord! Love you! ... and ps, you ROCK the ponytail and stretch pants! :)

Anonymous

ps, not sure why it's making me 'Unknown' but this is MB! xoxo

Shelly Perkins

Thank you so much MB!!! Yes, it will bring you to your knees and there aint' nothin wrong with that! Love you so much- come get your baby fix soon!! xoxo