CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cookin'


Poor Addie. She is still running a low-grade fever (very low compared to what it's been), with lots of congestion, coughing, and a runny nose. She just can't shake it. Can you feel the pain in this picture? What a LONG 5 days it's been around our house! Now Carlie's nose is running, but she's fever-free and still smiling. She's such a happy child! Other than blowing noses and going stir crazy, I've been cooking. We went to an oyster roast last night (ahhh.....adult conversation? Almost forgot how!) and had a blast with old friends and met new ones. I took a DEEEE-LISH Honey Bun Cake- got the recipe from a friend's friend's blog. Did that make sense? You NEED this recipe, trust me. Leave a comment if you want it. It was seriously, amazingly, wonderfully good. Today, I'm baking pepperoni cheese bread in my bread maker and served up a homemade squash casserole for lunch (note the squash in Carlie's mouth above). We bought the squash at Four Oak Farms (I heart that place). I really love to cook. I find it to be therapeutic and ensures for great family memories around our table. Ok, off to "Buy Buy Baby" for a humidifier, formula, and a mattress cover (and hopefully nothing else!).

1 comments:

Anonymous

hooray! glad you made it. guess what? i didn't. i wanted to but we hit the ground running and so i just made sure he had his favorite everyday breakfast available.

maybe for valentine's day?