CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why "Addie"?




When we found out we were pregnant, we immediately began talking about names...ok, truth be known, we talked about baby names when we were engaged! We had the boy name figured out pretty early on, but a girl's name? Not so much. We knew we wanted to somehow honor Mimi (my awesome, amazing, rock star, 95 year old grandmother) in the name, but just couldn't come up with the right fit. Pauline? Just wasn't working. So...one day, Brad and I went to lunch with Mimi and I asked her to tell us her FULL name. She said, "Addie Pauline Brown". WHAT?? Addie??? I had no idea! I kicked Brad under the table, and that was it, I loved it!

I looked up the name Addie to find it's meaning. Addie: noble and of kind spirit Well, that perfectly describes Mimi Brown! Here are some pictures of Mimi with Addie on Tuesday afternoon. She loves this baby so much and thinks Addie flew to space and put the stars in the sky! She tells everyone at the Martha Franks, about her "namesake"! Mimi, we can only pray that Baby Addie gets your incredible genes, your spunk for life, and your 'fight' attitude. Cheers to you, this May....your birthday month! Addie sends her love and lots of "sugar" (or 'sue-ga' as we call it! We love you! Oh, and I know you like that "thimble-size taste"of wine...If I could give you a sip, I would!

0 comments: