CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last Sip



After a slightly challenging afternoon with a certain little 2 1/2 year old, we all jumped in the car for one of my famous "rides". I'm known for car rides. We "ride" a LOT. When Carlie was born and I wasn't ready to go out in public yet with her, Addie, Carlie, and I would load up and ride all around Lexington. I always offer a friendly reminder, "You never know what you're going to see", in hopes of avoiding the fear of boredom. Today's scenario:  "Come on Addie and Carlie....let's get in the car and go for a ride. Mommy would like an iced coffee and you girls need to get out of the house (aka: mommy NEEDS some caffeine ASAP. Furthermore, the 4 walls of this house, in addition to the "too many to count" time-outs that have been administered today is starting to wear on me). So, off we go! We pull into McDonald's parking lot, where I find myself fishing for a lost pacifier out of the VERY back of the minivan because one precious "almost 1 year old" has tossed it to the back in an unhappy moment, along with her teething biscuit. I find the teething biscuit, which is now not in the best shape, but I offer it again anyway. Addie kindly reminds me from her carseat, exactly what I will be ordering- she's a pro now: "Iced coffee, no sugar, just cream". The very second that coffee lands in my cupholder, I hear, "Can I have the last sip?" So, here is Addie having her last sip. Gosh, I am so thankful for these babies! They keep me on my toes, they make me laugh, and they are precious blessings. At the end of the day, we've all learned and grown by leaps and bounds, so cheers to the last sip! She was as happy as a pig in mud drinking that coffee on the countertop and our "challenging" afternoon ended with pure sweetness.

0 comments: